Happy Friday everyone! This day could not get here fast enough this week 🙂 Last weekend, we went to the Blueberry Festival at a local winery. It was a perfect day and my husband and I picked a meager 4 pounds of blueberries. I say meager because people were walking out with closer to 10 pounds. This week, I have been looking for healthy recipes to make with our beloved berries! I came across this recipe on AllRecipes.com and made some changes.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbs egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk (I use Silk original)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (the recipe called for artificial sweetener which we do not eat, so I used raw sugar.)
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat together egg whites, milk, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in the flour until desired consistency (you may need to add more milk if the mixture is too thick).
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. I used coconut oil spray to add some sweetness.
- Pour approximately 1/4 c. of the batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly (about 1 1/2 minutes). Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.
This recipe makes 5 servings – 2 pancakes per serving.
Nutrition per 2 pancakes
162 cal/ 17g carbs/ 9g sugar/ 1g fat/ 4g protein/ 543mg sodium/ 0mg cholest