In case you haven’t noticed, I love SkinnyTaste.com! The site offers so many healthy recipes that at times I struggle to choose just one. I made this recipe as a last minute side dish when we had dinner guests and everyone loved it! My husband ate all the leftovers and requested I make it again very soon.
The mangoes give the salad a refreshing flavor and the crispness of the red peppers and onions add a nice crunch! This dish is packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, folate and lutein.
The recipe makes generous portions so there will be plenty for leftovers.
For more information on the health benefits of mangoes, click here.
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 164 • Fat: 4 g • Protein: 6 g • Carb: 27 g • Fiber: 7 g • Sugar: 11.6 g
Sodium: 93 mg
- 15-ounce can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- juice from 1 medium lemon or lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the mixture and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.