Overeating is often related to emotions. Keeping a food journal can help you recognize negative patterns concerning food.
Questions to Ask:
1. What factors influenced your food choice?
2. Was that choice a positive one?
3. Did anything happen today that caused you to want to eat that particular food?
4. Where did you consume the food?
5. How did you feel after you ate?
Understanding the reasons behind food choices will help you make better choices in the future. Find alternative positive outlets to deal with your emotions like going for a walk, playing with your kids or creating a healthy meal! Food does not have to control your life!