I almost always post recipes from other websites that I have tried but today you get an original recipe! It is not fancy but it is tasty and you can add your favorite veggies or seasoning to make it your own! Enjoy!
Jenn’s Famous Chili
Nutrition Info (without garnish) per serving:
Serving size: 1 cup (8 oz)
241 calories/4 g sugar/5 g fat/19 g protein/389 mg sodium/33 mg cholesterol
- 1/2 lb organic ground turkey (94/6)
- 1/2 lb organic Italian chicken sausage (low fat)
- 2 cans organic red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans organic diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- In a large sauce pot or dutch oven cook the meat on medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
- While meat is cooking, prepare beans by rinsing in a colander with cold water. Drain excess water.
- Add beans and tomatoes to cooked meat and stir together.
- While mixture is still cooking, add canned tomatoes.
- Let chili simmer for about an hour on low heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- sub a variety of beans (pink, black, white, etc)
- you can use ground beef, chicken, turkey or meatless crumbles
- fresh garlic and diced onions are also very good
- add a little canned pumpkin for a fall-flavor
- cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes give the dish a little kick
- garnish with sour cream, avocado or shredded cheese