This week has been the type of week where this is the only thing I “cooked.” I found this recipe on Facebook but it was originally posted on www.GreenThickies.com. Since I am trying new recipes with my Nutribullet this look like a fun one to try! Plus, I had the ingredients on hand which by now you have learned is a huge selling point for me.
This recipe makes 2 generous servings so either find someone to share or you can have a second meal. I chose the latter because my husband turned up his nose when he saw it.
- 2 c. dairy free milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 c. water (I did not need the water)
- 2 bananas (I used 1 1/2)
- 10 small to medium baby carrots
- 1/4 c pecans (I used a handful of walnuts)
- 1/4 c dates (I used 6 dates)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Juice 1/2 lemon (I omitted the lemon, no reason)
- 1 c. oats (I used quick oats)*
Blend ingredients in the following order:
- Blend the dry ingredients and liquid first for a short time
- Blend the fruit and the rest of the ingredients until smooth as your blender will allow.
* When you look at the website there are a lot of variations and blending tips.