This recipe comes from my friend Jenn in New Hampshire. Many, many years ago we worked together at a staffing agency here in Florida. Thanks to the wonders of social networking, we were able reconnect! This is one of three recipes she shared with me this week and I will definitely be trying them all! This recipe is super easy and makes more than enough for leftovers! Enjoy!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 chicken thighs (I recommend boneless/skinless)
- 2 1/2 c. egg noodles
- 2 onions, peeled & chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c. kale, chopped (I substituted spinach)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in large (very large!!) pot.
- Cook thighs +/-4 minutes on each side. Break them up into bite size pieces.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute 4 more minutes.
- Add 3 quarts (12 c.) water, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add kale and mushrooms.
- Turn to medium low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and simmer another 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving – 137 calories, 7 g fat, 13 g protein, 16 carbs, 75 mg sodium, 3 g sugar